- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (51)
- ID: 290
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
AR-Drachm struck in bronze.
Av.: Head of cretian goat, beneath, arrow head.
Rv.: Bee, seen from above.
6,29 g. c. 21 mm.
Ref.: BMC Crete 1-2, pl. 8,5.
BoC: 20/1, 1995, p. 26.
FAKE – It is more common to find a bronze coin type struck in silver than the opposite. This counterfeit is a bronze version of the silver drachms of Elyros. It is struck on a thick planchet with extremely sharp edges. No bronze coins of Elyros are recorded in BMC or by Svoronos.