- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (51)
- ID: 357
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
Julian II, 355-363.
Av.: DN IVLIANV-S NOB CAES Draped and cuirassed bust to r.
Rv.: GLORIA REI PVBLICAE / SNAEZ Roma and Constantinopolis enthroned, supporting between them a shield.
Average weight. c. 21 mm.
Ref. cf. RIC 166.
FAKE – This solidus is a sample from a “hoard” of c. 35 coins. All the coins of each emperor were die-duplicates. The fakes are struck and are partly covered by dirt.