- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (51)
- ID: 799
Byblos. Azbaal, c. 350 B. C.
Av.: Galley l., containing three holites with crested helmets and round shield, below, waves.
Rv.: Lion l. bringing down bull l.
Ref.: cf. BMC 4, BoC 9, 1, 1984, p. 6, 2.
FAKE – Struck. The surfaces are matte and are partly covered by an artificial looking dark blue oxide. The border and dots are too prominent. The reverse is just slightly concave while the reverse field of originals is relatively flat and swoops upward close to the edge to form a shallow incuse.