- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (395)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (43)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS - ID: 129
HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE.
Leopold I, 1657-1705.
AV 10 ducats 1693. Kremnitz mint.
Av.: Laureate and cuirassed bust of Leopold to r.
Rv.: Crowned double eagle.
Ref.: cf. CNA 80-a-1. Friedberg 170.
BoC: 18/1, 1993, p. 23.
FAKE – This piece belongs to the workshop of Wentzlaff. He made this fake with a self-constructed roller machine. The dies were made by a galvanic process. Silver pieces in very good conditions served him as models. A list of known forgeries are published in the BoC 18/1,1993. Be aware, that some coins were also struck in different weights.
This piece appeared 1989 on the market.