- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (395)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (43)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 242
Justinian II, first reign, with Pope Sergius I, 687-695 A.D.
Av.: Facing bust with double lock of hair on each side, wearing curved crown with eleven jewels in the form of pellets, the cross above the sixth pellet. Also, apparently wearing paludamentum and cuirass. Seven pellets on the two pendants of the fibula. Pellet and bar border.
Rv.: S in upper left field, monogram RMA, the O being omitted. Pellet and bar border.
0,245 g. 6-7 mm.
BoC: 19/1, 1994, p. 15.
FAKE – For explanations see the text in BoC.