- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 322
AR-Drachm, late 6th century.
Av.: Bearded head of Dionysos to l., wearing ivy wreath, pronounced ring around the neck close to the truncation.
Rv.: Cluster of grapes on tendril, to r. and l., empty leafs.
5,62 g. c. 19 mm.
Ref.: cf. Avers Type of Cahn 4. Rizzo, text volume, p. 152, fig. 35,IV.
BoC: 21/2, 1996/97, p. 8.
FAKE – This piece was made to look as if heavily cleaned. A twin, seen at the same time, had a grey, grainy surface.