- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 376
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
AR-Octodrachm, before 480 B.C.
Av.: Naked man with two spears conducting two oxen to r.
Rv.: Incuse square quartered.
Normal weight. c. 30 mm.
Ref.: BM, Guide to the Principal Coins, pl. 3,15.
BoC: 20/2, 1995/6, p. 2.
FAKE – “The Galvano Boys”. A typical product of this “mint” with a velvety surface and slightly blurred contours. The letters are two thin, as is the tail of the first ox.