- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (51)
- ID: 324
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
AR-Drachm, late 6th century.
Av.: Bearded head of Dionysos to l., wearing ivy wreath.
Rv.: Cluster of grapes on tendril, to r. and l., empty leafs.
5,60 g. c. 22 mm.
Ref.: cf. Cahn 10.
BoC: 21/2, 1996/97, p. 9.
FAKE – Possibly modelled on the specimen Cahn 10, which came from a Sicilian collection and turned up in commerce in the late 1980s.