- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (51)
- ID: 55
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
Christian II, George I and August, 1601-1611.
1/4 Taler 1601, Dresden.
Av.: (orb)CHRISTIAN.IOHAN.-GEORG.ET.AVGVS Bust of Christian to r., below shield.
Rv.: (shield)FRATRES.ET.DVCES.SAXONIE.184.108.40.206.Busts of George and August almost facing eachother.
Ref.: cf. Kohl 107.
FAKE – This fake appears from time to time on the market. It is probably made in the 19th century.