- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 48
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
Tetradrachm, about 340 B.C.
Av.: Galley with horse´s head as figure-head, manned by three armed men, beneath hippocamp.
Rv.: Lion devouring a bull.
Ref.: cf. Traité II, pl. 117, 21-22. Bulletin on Counterfeits 9/1, 1984, p.6f.
FAKE – A group of dangerous counterfeits, copied from specimens of a hoard discovered 1983.
The weights on record are good average, i.e. between 13,8 and 14 g