- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (395)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (43)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
ANCIENT - Greek SICILY Syracuse - ID: 6298
Submitter: Jean-Luc VAN DER SCHUEREN, Laurent JERNANDER
Poids: 17 g
Sicily, Syracuse. Tetradrachm.Demareteion Group. c. 470 BC. Obv.: Slow quadriga right, driven by a male charioteer holding goad and reins. Above, Nike flying to right, crowning horses. Dotted border. Rev:ΣV-PA-KOΣ-ION. Head of Arethusa facing right, wearing pearl diadem. Around, four dolphins swimming clockwise. Boehringer 387(V198/R275).
Die axes: 06 h.
IBSCC Case: 2016/02/02.