- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (51)
- ID: 219
Wilhelm II, 1539-1592.
Obsidionary square half taler 1543 (struck during the short war for the possession of Guelders).
Av.: Coat of arms with lion l.
Ref.: cf. Noss 285. Mailliet p.155 and Suppl. pl.50,1.
BoC: 19/1, 1994, p. 17.
FAKE – These counterfeit and other pieces of rare european crowns and minors have been offered in Western-Europe, especially Germany, and are sold relatively cheap by persons with good contacts to Eastern Europe. It is assumed that the originals are to be found in an important public collection in Eastern Europe. The counterfeit is struck, well made and very dangerous. The silver is markedly grey.