- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (51)
- ID: 340
Leo I, 457-473.
Av.: Diademed, draped and cuirassed bust of Leo I to r.
Rv.: Emperor in military dress standing facing, head turned to l., holding spear in l. hand, resting r. hand on shield, to l. star.
BoC: 22/1, 1997, p.21.
FAKE – This is clearly a bulgarian fake. These counterfeits coming out of Bulgaria in the early 1980s, such as the miliarensis of Valens published in BoC 9/1, 1984, p.10 or he false miliarensia of Honorius and Theodosius II such as published in BoC 10/1, 1985, p. 5-6.
After the pieces were codemned, they now appear with spots of artificial corrosion, which make them look much more convincing.