- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (409)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (44)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (339)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (45)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 116
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
Cast coinage from the first part of the third century B.C.
Aes signatum, fragment.
853 g. c. 96 x 87 mm.
Ref.: Vecchi AS 22.
BoC.: 18/1, 1993, p.5.
FAKE – This counterfeit is (of course) cast. It has a sharp lateral edge, like seams and an artificial brownish patina. Compared to genuine pieces it is somewaht shrunken in dimensions, they are too light and too “plump” in feel.