- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (403)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (331)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 316
AR-Tetradrachm, ca. 415 B.C.
Av.: Quadriga galloping to l., above, Nike flying to l., crowning chatioteer, in exergue, crab turned upwards.
Rv.: Two eagles standing to r. on dead hare which lies upon a rock, the first bird with raised head, the second with head lowered, in l. field, cicada.
17,08 g. c. 29 mm.
Ref.: Cf. MFA Boston 200 (ex Warren coll.).
BoC: 21/2, 1996/97, p. 2.
FAKE – A pressure cast of the late 1950s, possibly by Lauricela. The details are coarse, for example the nearly straight legs of the cicada.