- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (409)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (44)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (339)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (45)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 249
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
Alexander III the Great, 336-323 B.C.
Av.: Head of Athena of Alexander III to r., wearing Corinthian helmet.
Rv.: Nike standing to l. with wreath and staff, to l., thunderbolt.
Ref.: Price 164.
BoC: 19/1, 1994, p. 23.
FAKE – A charming addition to Price´s collection of modern imitations, clearly a copy of his no. 164. The extremely severe-looking Nike with a masculine haircut holds a staff in the place of the stylis.