- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 252
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
Av.: Christ enthroned, facing.
Rv.: Emperor standing facing, holding scepter, to r., Virgin crowning him. Traces of legend.
Ref.: cf. Sear 2072.
BoC: 19/1, 1994, p. 24.
FAKE – This counterfeit is vaguely reminicent of the gold scyphates from Nicaea which are made of good gold and not like this piece of pale electrum. There is no Andronikos among the emperors of Nicaea and the coins of the Byzantine emperors named Andronikos are totally different.