- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 145
Antiochus IV, 175-164 B.C.
Av.: Diademed head of Antiochus IV to r.
Rv.: Zeus Nikephoros enthroned to l., holding scepter.
BoC: 18/1, 1993, p.30.
FAKE – Clearly a product of the mint to which we owe the false Seleucid coins published in Bulletin 5 1/2, 1980, pp. 3-5. The portrait of this counterfeit is unusual, as if the modern die-cutter had hesitated between the likeness of Antiochus IV and Antiochus V.