- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (395)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (43)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (155)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (29)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (25)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (60)
ANCIENT - Greek - ID: 141
Weight: 17 g
Av.: Head of Athena to r., wearing close-fitting Attic helmet decorated with scroll.
Rv.: Owl within incuse square, facing, to l. olive sprig.
BoC: 18/1, 1993, p.28.
FAKE – Clearly inspired by Seltman´s Group H. It may be a trial piece in an attempt to copy one of the glorious archaic Athenian tetradrachms of the British Museum, Seltman 300 or 301. The counterfeit is not convincing despite artificial corrosion.