- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
ANCIENT - Greek - ID: 141
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
Weight: 17 g
Av.: Head of Athena to r., wearing close-fitting Attic helmet decorated with scroll.
Rv.: Owl within incuse square, facing, to l. olive sprig.
BoC: 18/1, 1993, p.28.
FAKE – Clearly inspired by Seltman´s Group H. It may be a trial piece in an attempt to copy one of the glorious archaic Athenian tetradrachms of the British Museum, Seltman 300 or 301. The counterfeit is not convincing despite artificial corrosion.