- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 244
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
Ernst August, 1913-1918.
AR-5 Mark 1915 A (Berlin mint) on his inthronisation and the wedding with Viktoria Luise of Prussia.
Av.: Heads of Ernst August and Viktoria to r.
Rv.: Crowned german eagle.
Ref.: Jaeger 56.
BoC: 19/1, 1994, p. 19.
FAKE – Both illustrated coins are counterfeits as can be seen by small flaws which are identical on both specimens. There is a wrinkle on the duke´s eye-lid and a vertical scratch on his cheek, close to the ear, there is a similar scrtach on the duchess´ eye-lid, a scratch leading upwards from her mouth and a bang at the tip of the nose. These flaws are in the die, not on the individual coins.
interestingly enough, the edge lettering on the two counterfeits shows divergencies, e.g. the MIT on one specimen is more compact than on the coin at the top.
For the reverses and the illustration of the edge inscription, please, click here.