- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 289
THRACE. Kings of Thrace.
Cavarus, c. 225-218 B.C.
Av.: Head of Herakles to r., wearing lion-skin headdress.
Rv.: Wheat ear, club and bow in bow-case arranged horizontally.
3,80 g. c. 18 mm.
Ref.: cf. SNG BMC I, 201-202.
BoC: 20/1, 1995, p. 25.
FAKE – No drachms of this Thracian king are known.
These is a product of the Bulgarian jewelry and tourist rade, and are originally not ntended to fool dealers/collectors.