- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 288
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
THRACE. Kings of Thrace.
Cavarus, c. 225-218 B.C.
Av.: Head of Herakles to r., wearing lion-skin headdress.
Rv.: Zeus enthroned to l. with scepter and eagle, in field, Artemis with torches.
4,13 g. c. 19 mm.
BoC: 20/1, 1995, p. 25.
FAKE – No drachms of this Thracian king are known. For tetradrachms see Gerassimov, NC 1957, p. 2 and pl. 1,3.
These is a product of the Bulgarian jewelry and tourist rade, and are originally not ntended to fool dealers/collectors.