- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 982
Av.: Laureate head of Apollo to r.
Rv.: Kithara, below, magistrate´s name.
Ref.: BoC 24/1, 1999, p. 27, 1A, cf. Robinson-Clement pl. XVII, IV (gold stater).
FAKE – The dies for this counterfeit were evidently taken from an electrotype of the BM specimen. No gold half staters of the Chalcidian League seem to be known, just some very rare staters and two or three quarter staters, they all date to the last years of the League, before Olynthos was destroyed in 348 B.C.