- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 196
MYSIA. Cyzicus (?).
Av.: Female head to r. wearing corn wreath.
Rv.: Quadripartite incuse square.
BoC: 17/2, 1992/3, p.17.
FAKE – This curiosity is surely intended to be a stater of Cyzicus despite the absence of the tunny fish. The obverse copies Arethusa heads as are found on Syracusan bronzes (see SNG ANS 526-529) and gold drachms struck by Hiketas (as SNG ANS 776-781).