- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 194
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
Av.: Bearded head of a Silenus to l., wearing ivy wreath.
Rv.: Quadripartite incuse square.
Ref.: Von Fritze 191. Traité II, pl.173,23. SNG von Aulock 7319.
BoC: 17/2, 1992/3, p.15.
FAKE – The head of the counterfeit is much too big and leaves no space for the tunny fish below the neck trunctation (though there is a trace of it): The incuse is too shallow with the marks in the fields too pronounced.