- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (403)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (331)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 276
Galeria Valeria, Wife of Galerius, 293-311 A.D.
AV-Aureus, Siscia, 308-309 A.D.
Av.: CALVALE-RIAAVG Diademed and draped bust on crescent to r.
Rv.: VICTRICI-VENERI / SIS Venus standing to l., holding apple, to l. in field, star.
5,42 g. c. 20 mm.
Ref.: Cohen 4. RIC p.478, 196.
BoC: 20/1, 1995, p. 19.
FAKE – This false aureus is obviously a free copy of the coin offered in the Bank Leu sale 52, 1991, lot. 275, now with a star on the reverse. It surely is by the same die-cutter as, among many other things, the Licinius aureus which is illustrated on the cover of BoC 1/1, 1986. The on the reverse never occurs on aurei of this empress.