- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (395)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (43)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (155)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (29)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (25)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (60)
- ID: 317
AR-Didrachm, ca. 485 B.C.
Av.: Horseman to r., brandishing spear.
Rv.: Forepart of man-headed river-godto r., behind, sigma.
8,15 g. c.17×21 mm.
Ref.: cf. Jenkins 8. Kraay-Hirmer 155.
BoC: 21/2, 1996/97, p. 3.
FAKE – A counterfeit of recent manufacture. Both fields are too flat. The rev. die Jenkins R 4 is characterized by a small, deep circular incuse which closely embraces the design. Jenkin´s R 4 also has no sigma behind the bull. An older cast counterfeit of this type was published in BoC 16/1, 1991, p.12.