- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 533
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
Leo I, 457-474.
AV-Solidus, 462/466, Constantinopolis, 9th (?) officina.
Av.: D N LEO PE-RPET AVG. Diademed, helmeted and cuirassed three-quarter facing bust, holding spear over shoulder and shield with horseman spearing a fallen enemy.
Rv.: VICTORI-AAVGGG (Theta ?) Victory standing l., supporting long jewelled cross, in field r., star, in exergue, CONOB.
Ref.: cf. RIC 605, BoC 1/2, 1976, p. 36, RO.13.