- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (406)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (44)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (334)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 144
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
Lysimachus, 323-281 B.C.
Av.: Head of deified Alexander the Great to r., wearing diadem and horn of Ammon.
Rv.: Athena enthroned to l.with spear and shield, on her r. hand Nike, to l. aplustre.
BoC: 18/1, 1993, p.30.
FAKE – From the same pair of dies as the counterfeit published in Bulletin 4 2/3, 1979, p.42, but much better in appearance. The obverse has been linked with a reverse of “Antiochos”.