- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 133
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
Karl III, Duke of Lorraine, 1695-1711.
AV 5 ducats 1704.
Av.: Bust to r.
Rv.: Arms on the Cross of Malta, supported by two eagles, above, crown.
Ref.: cf. Friedberg 65.
BoC: 18/1, 1993, p. 22.
FAKE – This piece belongs to the workshop of Wentzlaff. He made this fake with a self-constructed roller machine. The dies were made by a galvanic process. Silver pieces in very good conditions served him as models. A list of known forgeries are published in the BoC 18/1,1993. Be aware, that some coins were also struck in different weights.
This piece appeared 1992 on the market. The Wentzlaff-dies were found, when the police raided the “mint”.