- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (406)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (44)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (334)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 376
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
AR-Octodrachm, before 480 B.C.
Av.: Naked man with two spears conducting two oxen to r.
Rv.: Incuse square quartered.
Normal weight. c. 30 mm.
Ref.: BM, Guide to the Principal Coins, pl. 3,15.
BoC: 20/2, 1995/6, p. 2.
FAKE – “The Galvano Boys”. A typical product of this “mint” with a velvety surface and slightly blurred contours. The letters are two thin, as is the tail of the first ox.