- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (406)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (44)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (334)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 55
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
Christian II, George I and August, 1601-1611.
1/4 Taler 1601, Dresden.
Av.: (orb)CHRISTIAN.IOHAN.-GEORG.ET.AVGVS Bust of Christian to r., below shield.
Rv.: (shield)FRATRES.ET.DVCES.SAXONIE.126.96.36.199.Busts of George and August almost facing eachother.
Ref.: cf. Kohl 107.
FAKE – This fake appears from time to time on the market. It is probably made in the 19th century.