- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (400)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 373
SYRIA. The Seleucid Kings.
Seleucus I Nicator, 312-280 B.C.
Av.: Head of a horse to r.
Rv.: Elephant to r.
40,74 g. 34 mm. 10h.
FAKE – A fantasy based on a tetradrachm of the exact type from Pergamum (See WSM 1528, pl.LXVIII,9). – Pressed, false pitting and patina. Said to be from Syria.