- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (395)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (330)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (43)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (155)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (29)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (25)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (60)
- ID: 325
AR-Tetradrachm, signed by Kimon.
Av.: Head of Arethusa three-quarter facing, flanked by two dolphins. Above, outside the border of dots, greek Aretosa, on hairband Kimon.
Rv.: Quadriga galloping to l., above, Nike flying to r., crowning charioteer. In exergue, Syrakosion and corn ear.
16,99 g. c. 32 mm.
Ref.: cf. Kraay-Hirmer 123 (obv., London) and 122 (rev. Pennisi).
BoC: 21/2, 1996/97, p. 10.
FAKE – An interesting counterfeit, possibly from the 1950s. The Arethusa head, the obverse on the original, appears as the reverse on the false coin.