- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (393)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (42)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (155)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (29)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (25)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (60)
- ID: 134
Maximilian of Austria, 1588-1618.
AV 10 ducats 1603.
Av.: Master standing facing on the ground, in the l. field austrian shield supported by a lion, in the r. field helmet.
Rv.: Knight on horseback within a circle of shields with 16-03 below.
BoC: 18/1, 1993, p. 24.
FAKE – This piece belongs to the workshop of Wentzlaff. He made this fake with a self-constructed roller machine. The dies were made by a galvanic process. Silver pieces in very good conditions served him as models. A list of known forgeries are published in the BoC 18/1,1993. Be aware, that some coins were also struck in different weights.
This piece appeared 1992 on the market.