- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (406)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (44)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (334)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 450
Submitter: Federico Pastrone
Theodosius II., 402-450 A. D.
AV-Solidus, 441/450 A. D., Constantinopolis.
Av.: DN THEODO-SIVS P F AVG Diademed, helmeted and cuirassed three-quarter facing bust, holding spear over shoulder and shield decorated with horseman riding down enemy.
Rv.: IMP XXXXI COS XVII.P.P Constantinopole enthroned to l., holding cross on globe and sceptre, by the throne a shield, l. in field star. In exergue: COMOB.
Ref.: cf. RIC 322.