- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 449
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
Theodosius II., 402-450 A. D.
AV-Solidus, 408/420 A. D., Constantinopolis, 6. officina.
Av.: DN THEODO-SIVS P F AVG Diademed, helmeted and cuirassed three-quarter facing bust, holding spear over shoulder and shield decorated with horseman riding down enemy.
Rv.: CONCORDI-A AVGG S Constantinopole enthroned facing, head r., holding sceptre and Victoria on globe, her right foot rests on prow, l. in field star. In exergue: CONOB.
Ref.: RIC 202.