- ANCIENT - Byzantine (5)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (456)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (46)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (328)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (40)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (160)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (30)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (14)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (26)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (76)
- ID: 240
Submitter: IBSCCs Admin
Tranquillina, wife of Gordianus Pius since 241 A.D.
Av.: SABINA TRANQVILLINA AVG Draped and diademed bust of Tranquillina to r.
Rv.: FELICITAS TEMPORVM Felicitas standing to l., holding caduceus in r. hand and cornucopiae in left, in field, S-C
BoC: 19/1, 1994, p.13.
FAKE – It has long been a suspicion that most knwon sestertii of Tranqullina, if not all, were made in the 19th century. See on page 13 of the BoC 19/1 for the illustration of five more specimens, all from the same dies. The weights that could be recorded are highly irregular.