- ANCIENT - Byzantine (6)
- ANCIENT - Central Asian (6)
- ANCIENT - Greek (403)
- ANCIENT - Oriental Greek (43)
- ANCIENT - Roman Imperial (331)
- ANCIENT - Roman Provincial (39)
- ANCIENT - Roman Republican (44)
- Early Medieval & Islamic (5)
- EUROPEAN COINS AND MEDALS (147)
- GERMAN COINS AND MEDALS (28)
- GERMAN COINS SINCE 1871 (13)
- ORIENTAL COINS (2)
- THE HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE/AUSTRIAN COINS (23)
- WORLD COINS AND MEDALS (50)
- ID: 823
AR-Stater, ca. 440 B. C.
Av.: Lion´s scalp.
Rv.: Helmeted head of Athena three quarter facing. To l., name in Lycian script, to r., symbol.
Ref.: cf. Olcay-Morkholm, The coin Hoard from Podalia, NC 1971, 11-12, BoC 9, 1, 1984, p. 15, 5.
FAKE – This counterfeit copies the very rare Lycian staters of Zagaba which were unknown prior to the Bucak-Podalia hoard (IGCH 1261) which contained two specimens. The weight is quite wrong: Lycian staters of this period range between 9,5 and 10 grams.