WHO ARE WE?
- The Anti-Forgery-Committee is a sub-committee of the international association of coin dealers, the IAPN. It rules and controls the work of the IBSCC. They jointly fight against all types of forgeries of coins or medals. The President of the IBSCC is Mr. Eric McFadden, and the Secretary is Mr. Jean-Luc Van der Schueren.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Since the members of the IAPN guarantee the authenticity of all the coins they sell, the most important task of the IBSCC is to detect any new fakes appearing on the numismatic market and to immediately inform our members about them.
- For that reason we maintain an early warning system which can alert all members of the IAPN about new fakes within a few hours. We also maintain a website where a large number of known fakes are published.
- The IBSCC also issues certificates of authenticity about coins which are submitted. Please see hereunder how this can be done.
HOW TO SUBMIT A DUBIOUS COIN?
- Every member of the IAPN has the right to have an expertise made on two coins a year free of charge. Any further expertises will cost 200 each. If you want to submit a dubious coin, please first contact the secretary who will tell you how to proceed.
- Please note, however, that it is not possible to predict how long it will take the IBSCC’s experts to come to a decision. In some cases the process can be handled quickly, but in others long and costly research may be necessary.
- Our decisions are made on the basis of the knowledge and experience of more than a hundred numismatic experts, who work voluntarily for the IBSCC. If you have the skills and knowledge which qualify you as an expert, and would like to place those abilities at the disposal of the IBSCC, please contact the secretary.
- IBSCC-Secretary: Mr. Jean-Luc VAN DER SCHUEREN, Rue de la Bourse 14, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, e-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNET ARCHIVE OF FAKES
- To use our Internet archive of fakes, you have to be an IAPN-Member or an Associated Partner.